Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cutbacks


Given the state of the economy and the national fervor to cut back, I, too, decided it time was for cutbacks. Not across the board, but I decided to target our diaper expenditures. I'm a Pampers loyalist but a friend of a friend espoused the quality of the Target brand diaper and I thought that going the cheaper route would allow me to increase my purchasing power in other areas like shoes. I figured that with all of the savings, I'd be able to purchase the Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Ultragirl flats that I've been eyeing for months. I confidently laid out my plan to Benny K and he explained to me that my math was slightly off. Dang you Algebra II! Apparently, my big savings might only net me a couple of meals at Taco Bell, not the darling shoes I've been yearning for. Sigh.

Even with my shoe plan derailed, I purchased a trial pack of Target brand diapers just to see if the switch was even worth it. It isn't. They are not soft and they smell all chemical-ly. I know, I know, all diapers contain serious chemical compounds, I mean, how else would they be able to do their job? And I do love chemicals (I even have the t-shirt to prove it). But at least Pampers does a nice job of disguising the chemical smell under an artificial smell of baby powder. Ahhh, the marvels of modern science. Oh, and the very day I introduced the new diapers, the Little Nugget started waking up in the middle of the night and refused to go back to sleep in a timely fashion. I blame Target.

Do not worry Ultragirl flats of my dreams: I will find you and make you my very own. And that is a promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment